Fall

Saturday, March 6, 2010

One Elephant, Deux Elephants

This has become one of the kids' favorite songs... complete with the French.  Considering our proximity to Quebec (and my own French-Canadian background) it's rather appropriate. :)  The lyrics to this particular version can be hard to find, so... just thought I'd share. :)

One elephant went out to play
Upon a spider's web one day
He had such enormous fun
That he called for another elephant to come.

Deux éléphants allaient jouer
Sur une toile d'araignée
Ils s'amusaient tellement bien
Qu'ils appelaient à un autre, viens!

Three elephants went out to play
Upon a spider's web one day
They had such enormous fun
That they called for another elephant to come.

Quatre éléphants allaient jouer
Sur une toile d'araignée
Ils s'amusaient tellement bien
Qu'ils appelaient à un autre, viens!

All the elephants were out at play
Upon a spider's web one day
They had such enormous fun
But, there were no more elephants left to come!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you - thank you! I've been looking for these lyrics and really appreciate your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Elephant Show stuck in my head, but couldn't remember the french verses.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much!!! I live in Canada and couldn't find the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for posting. I remembered that this song had a french version from back when I was a nanny eons ago, but couldn't remember the lyrics. So lovely to have this to share with my own son now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted in my own blog, reminiscing about Sharon, Lois and Bram!! I'm so happy to see the lyrics, since as a kid I only knew the French verses by rote (not really understanding them). Nice to see (and comprehend) them after 16 years of French education!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Natalie. The little D. children and I were just watching this show! We're excited to learn the french lyrics!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete